Wednesday, March 6, 2019
6:30pm in the Church Entryway
Bring a snack food to share
We will be discussing the new parish directory and plans for celebrating Fr. Michael's 20th
anniversary of his ordination. Come join us!
Photos from the 2017 Bake Sale at the Yard Sale
Photos from our September 2015 Meeting
The primary goal of the Altar Society is to help where there is a need in the parish such as creating
the new red banners, table cover and altar drape.
What are some of the activities of the Altar Society?
The Altar Society in involved in a number of parish ministries some of which include:
- Meeting the liturgical expenses of St. Peter parish including sanctuary candles, altar breads,
vestment dry cleaning, etc.
- Sponsoring a seminarian, providing him with a small sum for his personal needs plus an occasional care package.
- Replenishing the parish linens
- Meals Ministry to help during times of family crisis
- Card Ministry - Sending greeting cards to parishioners for significant occasions.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry - When we hear of a need from someone in the parish we pray over a shawl and then someone delivers it.
What takes place at an Altar Society Meeting?
The meetings begin conversationally with welcoming new members, then get underway with
prayer. Some time is taken with intercessory prayer for family, friends and the needs of
the community .
Business includes reading the minutes and a hospitality report. If a card is being sent out
members sign the card. Next comes any old or new business. A big goal for last year was
organizing a new edition of the Parish Directory.
The meeting ends with prayer followed by fellowship. Altar Society officers make coffee
and volunteers bring goodies. Meetings usually conclude by 8:30pm.
Is there a cost associated with membership
Monthly dues are $1.50/mo. or $15/year. Our Treasurer is Mary Ann Frieze. The dues fund
many of the ministries of the Altar Society.
For more information
... to arrange transportation
... or just to make a contact before your first meeting
Call Elvira Patterson at (541) 688-0920
or Kathy Glazier at (541)-688-6507
We usually sponsor a seminarian, but at this time our Previous Sponsored Seminarian is now
Fr. Anthony !!
Stay tuned for when we will have a new seminarian to sponsor.
Click here to see more coverage of Fr. Anthony's ordenation in this Catholic Sentinel article.